Areas of Experience
David Webster’s career has consisted of private law practice, government service, and serving as general counsel for three major U.S. business enterprises. David Webster Law Office is a general law practice, specializing in quick response to requests for help and guidance in a wide range of legal matters
It’s likely the firm has experience in the areas of the law that are of interest to you. Here is a representative selection of those areas:
- Business Law – advising companies, individuals and non-profits as an outside general counsel on corporate and limited liability company law, merger & acquisition, organization and governance, and adoption of necessary legal policies.
- Employment Law – Employment agreements between businesses and employees, disputes and prevention of disputes, and non-competition agreements.
- Contract Law – all types and sizes, including those for professional services, sales and distribution, international transactions, and preparation of templates for client use.
- Copyrights, Trademarks, and Trade Secrets – including how to obtain, maintain, and protect such items.
- Financing – Representation of borrowers, lenders, and bond issuers.
- Licensing – Goods, services, technology, and intellectual property.
- Internal Investigations – including misconduct by senior management
- Unfair Competition – including trademark infringement, trademark dilution, false advertising, improper advertising rebates, and misappropriation of intellectual property
- Legal Risk Management
- Administrative Law and Regulatory Compliance – including government investigations, obtaining relief from government agencies, regulatory filings. David Webster was general counsel for companies in two heavily-regulated industries (air transportation and education).
- Litigation, Arbitration, and Mediation
- Antitrust Law – including negotiation with DOJ and FTC on potential restraint of trade arising from mergers, vertical restraints/resale price maintenance, and Clayton Act analysis for service offerings of professional services firms.
- Defamation (libel and slander)
- International Law – David Webster has served as general counsel to companies having operations in over thirty countries. He has dealt with a wide range of international matters, including privacy issues, employee litigation, contracts, the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, local business regulations, and treaty drafting and negotiating for the United States Government.
- Miscellaneous – Advertising, Bankruptcy (general counsel for a company in Chapter 11), Legislative Matters (preparation of clients for hearings before Congressional committees, drafting testimony and other submissions to Congress, and responding to Congressional committees), National Security Law (particularly review of Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act matters), and Securities Law (as general counsel for a publicly-traded NYSE-listed company).
If David Webster Law Office cannot be of service to a prospective client, it will do its best to recommend lawyers who can.